Cleaning Playworld Equipment to Remove COVID-19
Please use the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for disinfection to remove COVID-19 from your Playworld equipment.
CDC recommends using diluted household bleach solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, or most common EPA-registered household disinfectants. Household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses, when properly diluted. To dilute, please follow these instructions:
Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3 cup) bleach per gallon of water or
- 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Rinse your Playworld equipment and let it completely dry before allowing it to be used by children or adults.
- Check to ensure all products are not past their expiration dates. Expired products will not disinfect properly.
- Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser!
- DO NOT use power sprayers, as these can damage the paint and electronics on your equipment
PLEASE NOTE: mixing ammonia and household bleach produces a toxic gas called chloramine which causes shortness of breath and chest pains.
Using the above CDC recommended solutions will not harm your Playworld equipment and your warranty will remain for its duration. Together, with mindful prevention, we can help stem the spread of COVID-19.
For questions, please contact us.